Mental Health and How to Support Someone
Practical suggestions and tools for supporting someone with mental health needs.
Mental health and how to support someone aims to help you to develop an informed understanding of mental health, so that you can best support employees or team members. We provide practical guidance and tools to develop your confidence when supporting someone else and tips for looking after your own mental health and wellbeing.
This course will:
- Help you develop an informed understanding of mental health
- Outline experiences of different mental health issues
- Provide practical guidance and tools for supporting people
- Share information about different types of support
- Explore how we can look after ourselves when supporting others
- Increase confidence around having supportive conversations.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand mental health and different mental health problems
- Recognise stigma, discrimination and how to tackle it
- Gain practical tips for supporting people and how to look after yourself
- Become aware of different types of support
- Find sources of support and information.
Half a day or full day
£50 for half day course; £80 for full day course
Concession rate for group of 10 – £450 half day; £720 full day
20% discount for third sector organisations/charities; schools and colleges; keyworkers/emergency workers.