Mental Health First Aid
Accredited course created by Mental Health First Aid Wales. Learn to support someone who is experiencing a mental health crisis or worsening of existing issues.
Mental Health First Aid is an accredited course, designed by Adult Mental Health First Aid (Wales), based on international MHFA guidelines.
Content is evidence-based, with input from mental health professionals, researchers and consumer advocates. As a participant, you will gain improved knowledge of mental illnesses and their interventions, knowledge of appropriate first aid strategies, and the confidence to help individuals experiencing a mental health issue.
- Gain confidence to handle a mental health crisis
- Learn practical skills to help deal with common crises
- Receive an MHFA Wales certificate of completion
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- know what to do to help someone in crisis and give them hope of recovery.
- Use the MHFA Action Plan for: depression, suicide, NSSI, anxiety, panic attacks, trauma, psychosis, severe psychotic states, substance use disorder, aggressive behaviours, and substance use disorder.
- Practice self-care.
Two days in person either at your venue or here in our training room. This is also available as an online course. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please contact email@example.com for costs.