Mental Health Awareness
Improve your understanding of mental health, with essential skills and key information about a range of mental health issues.
This course is an excellent starting point for anyone who wants to improve their understanding of mental health. It teaches essential skills and provides important information about a range of mental health issues. It can be used as part of an induction programme, or any mental health initiative, or activity focused on better mental health in the workplace.
The course will:
- Use real life case studies to examine different mental health issues.
- Teach you how to recognise and respond to mental health issues.
- Highlight stigma and discrimination, and how it impacts our mental health.
- Help you to learn essential skills to deal with suicidal thoughts.
- Signpost how and where to get professional help and the informal support they need.
- Provide you with the confidence to speak openly about mental health and mental ill health.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define the most common mental health issues.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms.
- Identify available support.
2 hours via Zoom or face to face with a tutor
£45 per person
Concession rate for group of 10 – £400
20% discount for third sector organisations/charities; schools and colleges; keyworkers/emergency workers.